Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Look, An Indian!

So, today I went to school for the first time in 4 years. My first class is English Compostion. Our teacher is from India. (Hence my clever title.)

The man is quite captivating. I mean, he had such a strange charm about him. His charm was so great that he was making fun of American culture and we were all laughing about it. One girl was pretty dumb about it, saying things like, "Oh. That is our culture." I kept thinking to myself, "Oh shut up, blonde girl number two." (There are three blonde girls in the class. She is number two)

One subject he brought up was really interesting. It was about genetic engineering. It's a thing that allows you to buy a child without any flaws. You come up with a list of traits you want the child to have. Scientists then go ahead and gather people with those traits and go to work on building the babies. Now, don't go rushing to your nearest Wal mart and think you can buy yourself a "Great Value child." These creatures can cost anywhere between $500,000 to $15,000,000. Again, blonde girl number two raised her voice; and again, I felt like throwing hot lava at her.

Now, I don't agree with this practice. I don't think people should be playing God by making babies to their liking. But my problem with blonde girl number two is that she was acting as if our instructor was advocating it. I told him I wanted to make a super hero. People laughed and then it was time to go.

In the end, I learned about genetic engineering, nuclear weapons, the illogical way people live, and I think a little about English.

See you next time.

4 comments:

seannuh said...

indian's are fun

Anonymous said...

Illogical Living 101 would be an interesting psychological course. I'd take it. If it existed, it'd be a real eye opener for most of the morons that inhabit the planet. Where's that alien leader? Call him up right now and tell him to abduct those motherfuckers!

Anonymous said...

I'm Indian - glad you think we're fun :P
Have you seen the film 'Gattaca'? I'd never have imagined such genetic engineering would exist yet.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.